Sunday, February 14, 2010

Assignment # 2

The second wine story for this blog is set to feature a more professional take on the wine making process. Unfortunately, upon contacting the Athens DIY (Do-It-Yourself) Shop, I found out that the next wine making demonstration is not until mid-March.

While somewhat disappointed with this news, I still plan to interview Eric Hedin, owner of the Athens DIY shop and avid member of the Ohio University Brew Crew. I'm hoping that Hedin can provide me with a deeper understanding of the amount of wine manufacturing that goes on in Athens.

I also have lined up an interview with Bella Vino owner Lili Chandler. I'm hoping that Chandler can give me a better understanding of how wine is appreciated here in Athens. I also hope to find out if the bootlegging process has done any damage to her own business.

Finally, I've contacted Matt Mullins, spokesman for the Ohio Division of Liquor Control. With his help I hope to learn more about the recent legislation that allows liquor and wine to be sold earlier in the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment